As for what's been going on in my life the past four weeks, I've been involved with a Field School of Evangelism for Thai-Buddhist culture, a beginner-faith evanglistic series, and some video editing for a major film project that Pastor Venn has been working on for quite some time now. Of course, my life is filled with an amazing amount of inbetween activities, which I would love to demonstrate for you with the following pictures:
This is another student missionary and I executing our hopefully relevant plan for our Nutrition booth at the Health Fair that the Thonburi church plant hosted on October 19, 2008. I love sharing our amazing health message with people who are not familiar with it because I know that if they can somehow find a way to follow even one new principle, they will feel better about themselves and will be on their way to a happier lifestyle. Is that not what we all long for? Smoking and large portions of unhealthy meats are two major causes of health problems here in Thailand. Also, simple tips like drinking water instead of Coke and getting 15 minutes of sunshine everyday are completely foreign health truths.
This is my make-shift office space for the first week and a half that I was writing stories at the Thonburi church plant center. They were getting ready to paint the walls at this time so everything is pushed to the middle of the room. Noah's ark is on the wall behind me, and you can see some desks in the foreground that the students use when they come to the Center to learn English. I'm on the second floor of the 3-story building. Like any major city that's flooded with people, the buildings go up instead of out. I definitely don't think twice about having to run up two flights of stairs to get to my bedroom on the third floor...
This is a place of Thai theater, dance, and food! I was invited to attend a cultural performance here by Pastor Venn, who was hosting some visitors from the General Conference of Seventh-Day Adventists, a.k.a. a group of SDA leaders from around the world who came to Thailand becauseof their interest in seeing how their financial donations have been influencing the work that's being done here. After the performance, the two performing elephants were brought out for entertainment and pictures. It only cost me 20 Thai baht (about 72 cents) to get this picture. I'd say it was well worth it! Wheeee! "Look at me, mom!" Hahaha...I hope you are all having an excellent day, whichever day it is for you when you are so dedicatingly viewing this post. Thank you for thinking of me, even when I'm not around. If you had any interesting thoughts while viewing this post, by all means, leave me a comment and let me know what came to mind! I miss hearing your voices and seeing your faces; your comments help me imagine both of these. More posts and pictures to come...



5 comments:
Hooray for RSS subscriptions and the fact that that it tells me right a way whenever there's an update on blogs I read!! :) haha go technology. Anyway I'm totally jealous of your elephant seat. Although it looks a little ergonomically unsound it definitely seems experientially pleasing. :D Well, I'm hitting the CK for a lil morning brunch adventure. Have a super nice day!
Kelly!! You look hot on that elephant- Mr. (or Mrs) Elephant will never know that their trunk was shown across the world. lol What fun times you are having!
Hey Kelly,
That's an awesome picture of you in the elephants trunk. Is that a real elephant?
Cute pictures, girl! That looks like so much fun. it was nice talking to you a couple days ago. We'll still have to figure out about Christmas! Can't wait. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving. :D God bless, girl!
i m nt a regular reader of ur blog bt frm this post,,i guess u r running sm missionary,,nice job,,my wishes r wid u
Post a Comment