Thursday, March 26

Where, You Ask?

Have I been and what have I been doing, you ask? To my knowledge and probably yours too I haven't updated my blog in any way for the past three months and I'd like to apologize. As much as i want to keep you informed, I also don't want to be forgotten about by you checking for an update and never having one which would maybe cause you to stop checking up on me. So! I'm going to give you a brief outline through pictures about my whereabouts, whatabouts, and howabouts!

Gotta love the daily motorbike taxi ride to the sky train. This was taken at 7:30 in the morning; as you can tell, we're definitely heading into that amazing sunrise that God blessed me with every morning on my way to Thai class.

I try to get a bunch of the students together once in a while and go out to eat. Thai people are always up for a good time Besides, what worth does our work have unless we are making a difference in the lives of those around us?



This was a promotional Thai boxing match outside of one of the big malls in Central Bangkok – mostly for show, but still fun to watch! Thai boxing is HUGE here. Everyone watches it all the time. All the Asian countries over here have their own style of boxing as well.














We have a Thai student missionary working with us here in Bangkok -Supap- who is originally from one of the Hmong villages up north. This was the first year that the Hmong students of Mission College, the Adventist college that he is currently attending, decided to have a Hmong New Year celebration on campus and SuPap invited Jorge and I to join him in attending. I'm actually standing with a couple of Supap's friends. Aren't their outfits awesome? In the village, they actually make a new outfit for every New Year! Those coin things hanging off of the guy's outfit make lots of noise every time they move too.

3 comments:

Oriona said...

yay for updates. Looks like you have been having an awesome time. When do you head back?

Eugene Kelly said...

Kelly

Where's your native Thai costume?

Eugene Kelly said...

For the record, I am convinced I didn't leave that last comment.

Regardless, it looks awesome. Especially that kick boxing. Mmmm...kick boxing. Keep having fun!
-The REAL Eugene